Gary Muchula’s dream of attending a Super Bowl may soon become a reality after reaching the end zone with a stroke of luck.
The West Vancouver man claimed the $10.2-million jackpot during the October 20th Lotto 6/49 draw.
The football lover, who purchased his ticket from London Drugs at Park Royal in the Lower Mainland, checked his ticket at a gas station.
“I didn’t have my glasses and I thought, ‘that can’t be right,’” Muchula recalled.
“I checked it three or four times and went up to the girl at the counter and said ‘I’m not sure, but I think I won the lottery!’”
The first person to find out about Muchula’s life-changing win was his partner.
“She was walking the dog and I asked her to sit down. I told her, ‘I just won the lottery!’”
Aside from attending the Super Bowl in February, Muchula looks forward to putting some of his prize towards a Christmas vacation in Barbados.
In addition, 2021 has been a decent year for Northern BC lottery players.
Here are some of the recent lotto winners from our region:
- $13 million dollar lotto ticket purchased in PG-Mount Robson from March – still unclaimed
- Juanita Parnell of Prince Rupert – $5.8 million dollars
- Carman and Clinton Crossman of Quesnel – $675,000
- Jordaine Weber of Fraser Lake – one million dollars
- Jeremy Ross of New Brunswick – $75,000
- Winning 50/50 ticket purchased at Westwood Pub worth $73,000 – still unclaimed
Vista Radio has reached out to BCLC for the full list of regional winners so far in 2021.