Burning restrictions are coming back to the Prince George Fire Centre.
BC Wildfire Branch spokesperson Amanda Reynolds say with the recent increase in temperatures “ we’ve had a ridge that’s been building last weekend and into this weekend and maybe into next, fuels are dry.”
Category two open burns must be extinguished by noon August 18th.
Specifically, prohibited activities will include:
* The burning of any material (piled or unpiled) smaller than two metres high and three metres wide.
* The burning of stubble or grass over an area less than 2,000 square metres.
* The use of burning barrels or burning cages of any size or description.
* The use of sky lanterns, tiki torches or fireworks.
* The use of stoves and other portable campfire apparatuses that are not CSA/ULC approved.
Campfires are not impacted by the ban.