Almost $350,000 worth of healthy living grants was announced by Northern Health today.
The IMAGINE Community Grant program has been running since 2009.
Mandy Leveque with Northern Health says most of the projects are developed within small communities. “It’s really great to see all the work being done in communities, there is going to be 91 projects throughout
the north. We received over 200 applications.”
She says the grassroots projects all aim to improve living, learning and playing.
Grants range in size from $800 to $5000.
Grant recipients in the Nechako Valley include;
Fort St. James
· Stuart Lake Seniors Association – Seniors Locally Sourced Healthy Eating Program
· Village of Fraser Lake – Community Cross Country Ski Program
· Nadleh Whut’en Health – 2 Thumbs Up
· Nak’azdli Whut’en – Nak’azdli Health Centre – Nak’azdli Health Centre Community Garden
· Stellat’en First Nation – Ball Field Restoration
· Tl’azt’en Nation Sum Yaz Daycare – Healthy Eating and Food Security
· Carrier Sekani Family Services – Canadian Prenatal Nutrition Program: Families Cooking Together (Saik’uz First Nation, Takla Lake First Nation, Yekooche First Nation)
· HepCBC Hepatitis C Education and Prevention Society – Hepatitis C Bus Ad Awareness Campaign (Dawson Creek, Fort St. John, Kitimat, Prince Rupert, Prince George, Terrace)
· Promotion of Wellness in Northern BC – Let’s Explore Active Ageing in Northern BC